Thursday 24 May 2012

It's getting hot in here...

Lalalala the sun has got his hat on hip hip hip hooray! If you're unaware of the nursery rhyme reference then you may think I'm high right now...
I love the sunshine. It makes me feel so gleeful. No, beyond gleeful. It makes me want to go and hug random strangers and converse with them about life.
Unfortunately, the sunshine was far too hot today (it was like the Sahara Desert) so, I'm afraid, I developed a bit o' Sweaty Betty Syndrome [SBS of course] which would have been bad enough had I not also seen Giraffe at the bus stop and felt obliged to talk to him.
When I reached the bus-stop I did the standard fingers-through-the-hair-trying-to-look-presentable, but of course, due to the SBS my hair was sticking unattractively to my gleaming red face (as were my clothes since I had brisk-walked to the bus stop being under the foolish impression that this counted as exercise). And so, I'm sorry to disappoint, I didn't have the courage to talk to Giraffe because I was, in a nutshell, a Sweaty Betty State.
Sigh.
Not that I minded - this is the same Giraffe who thought I was too "mainstream" for his wannabe-indieness.
I sure do know how to pick 'em!

So, after averting eye contact from that Jerk for a while, things got slightly more complicated when Duke suddenly turned up and the pressure to talk to him was TOO MUCH because I actually like Duke (and once upon a time I really liked Duke if you remember back that long ago..!) but by a stroke of fate my bus turned up and I unintenionally sat down next to the prettiest girl in the world (and she was French - the most beautiful language ever spoken) which made me feel like even MORE of a state.

On the plus side, the hot climate does mean that I saw a parade of men's chests which gave me some amusement. I just figure - if they're allowed to show their chest (which I could never do without being labelled a 'slag') then I'm allowed to criticise all of them in my head. And so. today, I met: Hary, Pot Belly, wannabe-six-pack, flat-chest and PHWOAR-SIX-PACK.
Call me old-fashioned but I actually prefer guys that keep their shirts on.
Joking of course.

Mmmm the Rat Pack looked fiiiiiine in the library today - they all came in singing "It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes". Man I wish they had done actions to go with it...
Then again, their beauty was slightly ruined by the fact they were TALKING in the LIBRARY when I was trying to work. But how can you get mad at them when they are such eye-candy..?!

Today I had English and I sat behind That Girl again who keeps tapping her foot. I learnt that no amount of glaring could make her stop. I wanted to cry.

On a more cheerful note I'm going to go outside and bathe in the sunshine. Juat kidding - I'm GrammarGal so I'm going to stay indoors and revise.
Why is my life full of such adventure?
Keep you posted,
Grammar Gal xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment